Thursday, October 8, 2009

Reconnecting with Electronic Media

It's been a long time since I posted anything here. Six months or so. But, I haven't been inactive in that time, I've just been other-focused. I'm a bizzy fella by nature.

Since my last post, I've resumed my passion for art in a big way. In the past I've done a number of things with zines and collages, and for a number of years I was quite active in the postal art scene. (You might remember the M.A.R.S. Project, which ended up including over a hundred different contributors' works and had three out-door showings. Fun stuff.)

But, lately, my main interests have been poetry and these oil pastel-watercolor things I've been doing. (I don't know whether to call them drawings or paintings, because I do both in most of them. I've posted a few poorly taken photographs (I'm not very good at taking photos) on my MySpace page that you can look at if you want. (I also keep a record of my recent publications there, so if you want to read some of my published poetry, there'd be the place to go to see who is silly enough to give my stuff room.) But, as soon as I get some paper towels, I'm going to start scanning the pictures (some of them, anyway) and posting them here.

So, this is just a heads-up. I'm coming back this way. (Seems to be the way the world's leaning, and just like riding a motorbike, if you don't lean with, you fall off!) I'll be back super soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment